Cancel Preloader

CBI and ED, Narcotics Control Bureau has registered a case against Rhea Chakraborty .

 CBI and ED, Narcotics Control Bureau has registered a case against Rhea Chakraborty .

New Delhi: After the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the Enforcement Directorate (ED), the Narcotics Control Bureau has joined the probe into the death of Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput. The Narcotics Control Bureau has filed a case against Rhea Chakraborty, Showik Chakraborty and others, who have been booked by the ED.

According to reports, the ED has shared Rhea Chakraborty’s WhatsApp chats with NCB, in which the actress talked about usage of drugs. The ED asked the drug law enforcement agency to look into the ‘Drug angle’ in SSR’s case on Tuesday evening.

Meanwhile, Rhea’s lawyer Satish Manishinde denied the allegations, saying she has ‘never consumed drugs in her life’. He said that the ‘Jalebi’ actress is ‘ready for a blood test’.

NCB chief Rakesh Asthana, while talking to IANS, said that the agency has registered the case under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act. “We have filed a case on the basis of the letter from the ED,” Asthana told the news agency.

The ED summoned Rhea’s talent manager Jaya Saha for questioning on Wednesday (August 26) after the officials found out that the ‘Chehre’ actress had shared a few messages related to drugs with Saha.

The Narcotics Control Bureau is the third agency, which is the investigating the death of Sushant Singh Rajput. The 34-year-old actor was found hanging at his apartment in Mumbai on June 14.

Sushant’s case took a new turn when his father KK Singh filed an FIR against Rhea Chakraborty, her family members and others under various sections of the IPC including abetment to suicide. Singh lodged the complaint at Patna’s Rajiv Nagar Police station last month.

Rhea Chakraborty moved the Supreme Court, seeking transfer of the FIR registered against her in Patna to Mumbai. The apex court dismissed Rhea’s plea and ordered a CBI probe into Sushant’s death case. The agency, which started its investigation in Mumbai last week,  reportedly visited the Cooper Hospital on August 26 to examine the doctors in connection with the ‘Dil Bechara’ actor’s death case.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *