Hyderabad: Chevella MP G. Ranjith Reddy alleged that the BJP government led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi was promoting feudal system in the country and was committing more blunders than the previous Congress governments. He vowed to question the Centre’s bias in the allocation of funds to the States in the Parliament and advised the BJP MPs from the State to focus on getting more funds to the State rather than indulging in silly politics.

Speaking to mediapersons here on Saturday, Ranjith Reddy said Prime Minister Narendra Modi who demanded for a federal government in the country as the Chief Minister of Gujarat, was now operating a feudal government in the country. He alleged that the Central government was not responding to the requests of the States and taking decisions unilaterally undermining the federal system in the country.

“The Prime Minister has mastered delivering sweet speeches, but failed to deliver his promises. He did not impose lockdown earlier eyeing the elections in Madhya Pradesh, which allowed spreading of COVID-19 in the country. As the lockdown was anyway delayed, people should have been given prior intimation about lockdown enabling them to reach their homes to prepare for eventuality. No precautionary measures were taken to ensure safety and security of migrant workers who are stranded away from their home States,” the MP said.

The Chevella MP alleged that the Prime Minister who had been holding video conferences at regular intervals, was not responding to requests made by the State governments. Though the Centre promised Rs 20 lakh crore stimulus package, he said only Rs 2 lakh crore were being given as funds to the States. He pointed out that while Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao suggested for Helicopter Money and other economic reforms, Prime Minsiter Modi failed to implement any of them.

“Several conditions were imposed to make use of the increased limits of FRBM. Even during release of funds during COVID-19 pandemic, only six States were provided with 56 per cent funds and the rest of the country was given 44 per cent funds. This is nothing but obsolute partiality towards select States. We will raise these issues in the Parliament,” he said.

On the occasion of completing one year as Chevella MP on Saturday, Ranjith Reddy thanked Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao for the opportunity and also Education Minister P Sabith Indra Reddy, former Minister and MLC Patnam Mahender Reddy and other TRS legislators for their cooperation in development of Chevella Parliamentary constituency. He vowed to fulfill his promises to people of the Parliamentary constituency.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *