The Ministry of Home Affairs has released fresh guidelines of unlock 5 phase beginning October1. The MHA has introduced some more relaxations in the new SOPs. In these guidelines, which will come into effect from October 1, 2020, the process of re-opening of activities has been extended further.
Here is the list of activities allowed and what still remains closed.
These activities shall be allowed to re-open from 15th October outside containment zones:
- Cinema halls
- Swimming pools used for training of sportspersons
- Entertainment parks
- Business to Business (B2B) Exhibitions will be permitted to open
Note: Cinemas/ theatres/ multiplexes will be permitted to open with upto 50% of their seating capacity, for which, SOP will be issued by Ministry of Information & Broadcasting. For Entertainment parks and similar places, the SOP will be issued by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Opening of Schools, colleges, education institutions and coaching institutionsFor re-opening of schools and coaching institutions, State/ UT Governments have been given the flexibility to take a decision after 15th October 2020, in a graded manner after consultation with the respective school/ institution management, subject to the following conditions:
- Online/ distance learning shall continue to be the preferred mode of teaching and shall be encouraged.
- Where schools are conducting online classes, and some students prefer to attend online classes rather than physically attend school, they may be permitted to do so.
- Students may attend schools/ institutions only with the written consent of parents.
- Attendance must not be enforced, and must depend entirely on parental consent.
States /UTs will prepare their own SOP regarding health and safety precautions for reopening of schools/ institutions based on the SOP to be issued by Department of School Education and Literacy (DoSEL), Ministry of Education, Government of India, keeping local requirements in view.Schools, which are allowed to open, will have to mandatorily follow the SOP to be issued by Education Departments of States/ UTs.Department of Higher Education (DHE), Ministry of Education may take a decision on the timing of the opening of Colleges/ Higher Education Institutions, in consultation with Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), based on the assessment of the situation. Online/ distance learning shall continue to be the preferred mode of teaching and shall be encouraged.However, Higher Education Institutions only for research scholars (Ph.D) and post-graduate students in science and technology stream requiring laboratory/ experimental works will be permitted to open from 15th October, 2020, as under:
- For Centrally Funded Higher Education Institutions, the Head of Institution will satisfy herself/ himself that there is a genuine requirement of research scholars (Ph.D) and post-graduate students in science and technology stream for laboratory/experimental works.
- For all other Higher Education Institutions e.g. State Universities, Private Universities etc., they may open only for research scholars (Ph.D) and postgraduate students in science and technology stream requiring laboratory/experimental works as per decision to be taken by the respective State/UT Governments.